Couples cooking classes are highly demanded first of all from honeymooners.
Why a Couple Cooking Class?
It’s an intimate, hands-on cooking class experience ending enjoining the fruit of your labor: a delicious dinner for 2!
Anyway, at our Itinerant Cooking School in Tuscany, we really meet any kind of couple: best friends together on vacation, auntie and nephew, brother and sister, mum and daughter/son as well.
You’ve just to contact us and us, Cuoche in Vacanza (Cooks for your Vacation), we’ll do the shopping and come directly come to your Holiday Villa, to wherever you’re staying in Tuscany.
What kind of students in our couples cooking classes?
Our couples cooking classes are designed to offer a learning experience together with fun and hands-on cooking;
Students are curious about making fresh handmade Pasta and Italian Cuisine in general.
Furthermore, they love seasonal and fresh ingredients, local produce.
Our dishes are extremely simple but extremely tasteful as well. As my Granny usually said: “Simple is not easy!”.
Have a look at the gallery just to picture the atmosphere:
Whether you’re a novice or an expert cook, you’ll surely live this learning experience with joy in a warm atmosphere, feeling comfortable to try new foods and ingredients.
Furthermore, you can also purchase a spot to get an Interactive Online Cooking Class, very affordable, with me at your disposal:
Private Couples Cooking Classes duration:
Almost each Private Cooking Class lasts around 3 hours + Lunch/Dinner with the fruit of your labor comfortably sit at the table (we clean up your kitchen)
Everything is happy and relaxed times of your Vacation in Tuscany.
Couples cooking classes’ favourite Menus
First of all, without any doubt, our students in couples cooking classes choose these:
- Tortellini di Valeggio Menu (Love Knot). Here the Pasta course consists of Tortellini (Click HERE to watch how to make them) filled with ricotta cheese and spinach
- Most popular Italian Sauces for Pasta. We have a lot of pasta sauces in our Menus and in Italy as well. Anyway almost all our customers prefer the followings 4 sauces:
- Colored (with natural ingredients) Fresh Pasta, where the favorite is Orange Pasta (colored with tomato paste) and the sauce is Rocket Pesto.
This year, in addition to the Orange (tomato paste) pasta, another color is having great success in couples cooking classes: BROWN (colored with cocoa) Pasta.
As a result of today, I’m writing the recipe about how to make Cocoa (Chocolate) Ravioli.
The most suitable sauce for these is the Crispy Butter and Sage
Take 2 beautiful guys honeymooners who digit on Google the words”cooking classes in Tuscany” and as by magic…we’re already arrived to spend a pleasant culinary time with you!
Finally here is the recipe they made, be ready to taste something particular but really, believe me really, deeeeelicious!
Relevant tips and tricks not to fail:
- First of all mix the flour with Cocoa Powder (avoiding mistake: adding eggs before mixing)
- Furthermore, respect the amount of 1 tbsp (level) bitter cocoa each 100 gr (3 oz about) all-purpose flour
- Finally, grate a very small quantity of orange zest to add to the ricotta cheese for the filling (not more than 1/2 teaspoon for a couple of persons). Too much orange zest will make your filling much more like a dessert than a filling for pasta.
- Use a tasteful cheese like Parmigiano Reggiano (possibly aged) or Pecorino Romano for the filling. A tasteful cheese is important to contrast the delicate and sweet taste of ricotta cheese.
- If you don’t know how to make fresh handmade pasta, have a look AT THIS POST
font-weight: bold;”>Cocoa (Brown) Ravioli filled with Ricotta Cheese and Orange Zest
Prep time: 1, 30 hour
Cook time: 7 minutes
Total time: 1, 37 hour
FRESH BROWN PASTA:
200 gr (7 oz) 00 flour (all-purpose flour)
2 eggs (big)
2 tbsp bitter cocoa powder
200 gr (7 oz) Ricotta cheese (better if from sheep)
1/2 tsp grated orange zest
50 gr (3 tbsp) Grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano Cheese
to taste salt and pepper
In a large bowl mix the flour with the cocoa
make a hole in the center of the flour and cocoa and pour 2 whole eggs inside
start kneading by hands until reaching a compact and elastic dough (adding water if too dry and flour if too wet)
let the dough rests for about 20 minutes covered (room temperature) with a dish towel
In a large bowl mix the ricotta cheese with grated Parmigiano, salt, and pepper
pour in the orange zest and mix until smooth
Remember: the flavor has to be tasteful, not sweet
put in the fridge
Roll the pasta, first of all, help you with a rolling pin, then with the pasta machine
Roll the fresh pasta (brown) in very thin stripes (usually the number 6 of the rolling pasta machine)
Put the filling over the stripes using a teaspoon and overlap each stripe with filling with another stripe of pasta.
Cut the Ravioli as the shape that you prefer (we used a very nice HEART cutter)
Cook Ravioli in salted boiling water for about 7 minutes
Drain with a perforated spoon skimmer
couples cooking classes in Tuscany
Leave a Reply