Meat sauce for your homemade pasta
Ok! I leave you here the “real ragu” recipe as promised. Try it and let me know...I’m sure it’s the tastiest ragu you’ve ever eaten.
- Chop the onion, carrot, and celery, pour some extra virgin olive oil over the bottom of a pot and cover it. Add the “soffritto” (chopped veggies) and fry until soft.
- Add the minced meat and sausages (no skin) and allow to cook until the meat becomes grey. Add the wine and let evaporate.
- Add the tomatoes and cloves, and if the tomatoes are peeled, cut them with scissors directly in the can
- Allow simmering until the meat and sauce are well mixed (about one hour), stirring occasionally.
- Add salt during the last 5 minutes of cooking.