Venus rice, really fresh, maybe the most fragrant rice.
Can’t forget the first time that I felt in love with venus rice. My friend Simona introduced me to this fascinating and flavored ingredient. I’m writing here a very fast recipe full of Italian fresh veggies flavors!
It’s one of those recipes that here in Italy we call “sciuè sciuè”, Italian for “very quick”. Once arrived at home after my beloved job throughout Tuscany, I watched my kitchen and my fridge (like the Donald Duck one!) and I realized I had just fresh and seasonal veggies and some venus rice.
I like to experiment new dishes and make a fusion cuisine.
Well, what’s better than sundried tomatoes from Puglia to give the real Italian taste of Summer to a far East dish?
So guys, here’s the recipe, success is guaranteed and flavor as well.
Taste it and you’ll understand why I felt in love wit venus rice!
- 500 gr (2 cups) venus rice
- 3 zucchini
- 1 leak
- 8 fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 4 tbsp sundried cherry tomatoes in oil
- 3 tbsp soia sauce
- to taste curry powder
- to taste hot paprika
- 4 tbsp extra virgin oil
- Chop the veggies in small cubes and the leak in thin slices
- Toast the rice in a large pan and set a part
- pour extra virgin oil in a pan with the leak and let it softening
- add the carrot
- pour in a glass of salted water and let the carrot absorb the water
- add the other veggies and let them cook for about 10 minutes
- They have to be cooked, but still remaining crispy.
- Add the soia sauce
- Sprinkle with paprika and curry
- Mix all the veggies in the pan.
- At the end of cooking add the sundried tomatoes in oil (enough drained)
- Cook the rice in salted water.
- Once cooked drain it and season with the stir fry veggies, directly in the veggies pan.
- Buon Appetito!