Hi, I am Erika and I am the owner of a Traveling Cooking School in Tuscany for 10 years now.
Traveling Cooking School in Tuscany
I love my job because I am very successful and I meet many people from all over the world.
I am also proud of it because I was the first to create this type of all-female enterprise.
Going around the web there are many chefs who declare themselves available to come to your villas all over Tuscany.
Well, this does not happen with us, Chef for Vacation (Chef for Vacation): we travel throughout Tuscany, without problems.
Cooking Class in Prato: Risotto
They wanted to discover all the secrets for a delicious Risotto.
We decided together to prepare an unforgettable Risotto, with fresh and seasonal vegetables. What better than the Beetroot and Asparagus Risotto!
I went to Franca & Angelo, my peasant neighbors, and I picked the most exquisite beetroots and asparagus available.
However, since we are an appreciated traveling cooking school in Tuscany, I can only explain the perfect and original recipe for this type of dish. And so, if you can, use the beetroots (small size) that will be cooked and … surprise surprises: we will also cook the tender leaves, which give the dish an exquisite aroma.
Our students/clients/vacationers prepared this risotto the other day.
We, as a traveling cooking School in Tuscany we are proud to tell you that it was a real success.
Just think that one of our student girls will marry and want it as a dish for her wedding dinner.
And now, no more talk, let’s go ahead and write down this recipe because it will change the way you understand risotto, just like it did with us.
Maybe you’re also interested in these recipes:
- Carnaroli Rice 2 glasses
- Butter 2 tbsp (30gr) + 3 oz (30 gr) at the end of cooking
- Onion 1
- Extra virgin oil 2 tbsp
- Fresh Beetroots with their leaves 1Lb (500gr)
- Fresh Asparagus ½ Lb (300 gr)
- Vegetables Stock 1 Lt
- Parmesan 2 oz (40 gr)
- Salt to taste
- Toast the rice in a pot. This means that you put the rice in a pot, stirring with a wooden spoon, and waiting until it changes color from white to translucent.
- Set it apart in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large pot with the 2 tbsp of extra virgin oil (this is to delay the smoke point of butter)
- add the chopped onion and let it soft
- pour in the rice and stir
- add the chopped beetroots leaves (not the beetroots) and stir well
- add the chopped asparagus bottoms, mix well
- start pouring in the stock bit at a time (about 3 times in total) and wait until absorbed
- stir constantly
- about 5 minutes before the rice is cooked, add the chopped beetroots
- add asparagus tops
- taste the rice and add salt
- when rice is cooked turn off the heat
- add 1 nut of butter and stir to incorporate
- add parmesan and stir again
- let it rest 5 minutes before serving