No eggs Bavarese is one of our most successful desserts in our private Dinners in Tuscany.
In late May, I will have to prepare a buffet for a wedding, and I’m very thrilled about this new event held by Cuoche in Vacanza.
” …we come directly to wherever you’re staying in Tuscany to prepare the tastiest traditional dishes with you”
Different yogurts, different sauces, always new successful desserts!
- Well no matter what’s the flavor of the yogurt; each different yogurt will give to the dessert a different flavor. In a few words: you’ll obtain many differents and successful desserts with only one recipe.
- No Eggs Bavarese with Vanilla Yogurt is perfect with Wildberries Sauce (see the following recipe)
- The same Bavarese (that one for the wedding) with Citrus Yogurt has all the flavor of citrus and sun from Italy. I made it with a delicious gelly based lemon sauce. Since the pale natural color of lemon juice, I “colored” this sauce with curcuma.
- No Eggs Bavarese with Coffee Yogurt is the last one that I made. The Sauce was a dark Chocolate one. The coffee flavor together with the chocolate one is a fantastic “fresh” combination.
Prep time: 30 minutes + 3 hours to rest
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 8 g gelatine sheets
- 250 g vanilla yogurt (or your fav one)
- 250 g fresh cream
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1 coffee cup milk
- 250 g wild berries, or strawberries, raspberries…you can use them frozen too
- 4 spoons sugar
- Soak the gelatine sheets in a small bowl with cold water; just for 15 minutes.
- Mix yogurt and icing sugar with a whisk
- Heat the milk, turn off the fire and pour in the gelatine whisking until it’s fully dissolved
- Add the milk to the yogurt
- Whip the cream and incorporate it to the yogurt
- Pour your “Bavarese” in a pudding mold and store in refrigerator for 3 hours at least, better if all night long.
For the Sauce:
- Heat the fruit in a saucepan and add the sugar
- Continue mixing and, when it’s soft
- Turn off the fire
- I love to serve the sauce warm, over the dessert; but it’s very good cold too
Have you some questions for me?
Can I help you in cooking or baking?
Do you know some easy but successful desserts?
Please leave a comment, I’ll answer you very quickly to all your questions.