I am happy that Ginny has a soft spot for cooking … it’s a good fork just like me and I’m sure that food will give her a lot of satisfaction.
But let’s not forget our cake, try it, it’s very easy but the taste is “perfect”; what do you think about it? Here it is!
|Easy and soft ricotta cake (torta toscana alla ricotta)|
Successful easy Tuscan cake
Author: Erika Elia
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 70 minutes
- 12 oz ricotta (possibly from sheep)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 9 oz sugar
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1organic lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 packet pine nuts
- Soften the butter at room temperature. Mix this with the sugar and eggs until you have a fairly foamy consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Sieve the ricotta and add the lemon zest, vanilla extract, sieved flour, and just finally the baking powder.
- Line a cake pan (24 cm in diameter) with parchment paper and pour in the mixture. Wait about 5 minutes so that the dough in the pan can adjust and finally sprinkle the surface with the pine nuts.
- Bake the cake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Do the toothpick test to check cooking.
Leave a Reply