Here is Meatloaf Florentine style, a typical italian dish that all my students appreciate and ask me how preparing.
As a child I watched the slices of meatloaf in the dish with eyes full of greed and mouthering, the same happy look that I’m seeing today through the eyes of my daughters, who love this dish in all its variations.
- unless the meat is well mixed (with whole eggs or egg whites) it could be not compact and tend to break
- if you cook it too much, tends to dry and then “farewell” to what, in my opinion, is the most valuable quality of meatloaf: juiciness and softness.
- with cooked meat
- with bread soaked in milk
- with boiled potatoes
- with raw meat
- with tomato sauce
- with ragu sauce (if it is only made of potatoes or bread)
- with “garden” sauce (that one of the below recipe). The sauce’ll be more creamy as you use more veg quantity
It is a easy dish which success is assured and Artusi yet taked about it in his book: The Science in the kitchen and the Art of eating well.
Do not hesitate to write to me, to ask me questions, I always replied to all with great pleasure!