The place where I went to run a cooking class, this time it seemed a bit ‘lost. After Camaiore, after many turns and steep climbs, and trumpeted the horn, I finally arrived at a parking lot.
- For pasta For the Pasta
- 14 oz 00 flour
- 4 eggs
- 14 oz pumpkin
- 7 oz amaretti cookies
- 4 oz grana padano cheese (grated)
- 1 egg
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- 7 oz gorgonzola (soft and sweet)
- 4 oz fresh cream
- 2 oz whole milk
- 2 oz grana padano cheese (grated)
- Cook the pumpkin (around 40 minutes) in the oven 350 F°; then remove parts that might harden and mash with a fork in a bowl.
- Add the grated cheese, the egg, nutmeg, salt, pepper, crushed amaretti biscuits and mix well.
- Let rest this filling about 30 minutes in the fridge.
For making homemade fresh pasta click here:
- Roll out the dough until it is thin and uniform. Cut into strips, ideally of an equal size. Take a strip and cut it in squares, usually 5cm side.
- Place a bit of filling in the center of the square.
- Fold the square into a triangle and seal the sides with your fingers. The dough shall not be too dry.
- At this point fold the long sides of the triangle around the finger and close the ends by pressing between thumb and forefinger.
- Lay them on a kitchen paper
For the Gorgonzola sauce:
- cut the gorgonzola cheese in small pieces and put it in a saucepan
- add the milk
- put over low heat, continuing stirring wth a wooden spoon, until gorgonzola is completely melted
- add the grana padano cheese
- add the fresh cream and stir well
- turn off the fire
To cook Cappellacci:
- Put in boiling salted (1 handful rock salt) water for about 6 minutes.
- Remember: your pot must be almost full of water (level at around 8 cm from the pot edge)