|White Chocolate and Cranberries Squares
Yesterday, finally a bit of time in my kitchen! And pouring rain has certainly helped my pioneering spirit in the field of sweets.
|Preparing th Syrup
I tasted these cakes at my friend’s home…he loves white chocolate beyond mesure.
At first I was skeptical, because I do not like particularly sweet flavors and because I think that white chocolate it’s very difficult to manage.
|Melting Chocolate and Butter
But then I changed my mind … mind you … for being sweet they are, but the delicacy of the cranberries and the crunchiness of these squares are a truly winning combination.
Yesterday I needed cuddles and they immediately came to my mind…
|Square Baking Pan in the oven
We were ten at my home and these cakes are finished in an hour, with the compliments and appreciation of grandparents, parents and children.
I find useful to advise to use the sauce (very good) sparingly, I would use maximum two tablespoons per person, because although delicate, her sweetness tends to cover the taste of cakes.
They are beautiful to look at and bring joy … prepare a lot of them and you’ll make a big look great if you have many friends…and if you’re alone you’ll lift your spirit!
|Beautiful Golden Cake
White Chocolate and Cranberries Squares
Cook time: 38 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 4 oz white chocolate
- 2 oz white chocolate (chopped)
- 3 oz sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 eggs
Preparing the Sauce:
- open the vanilla bean with a knife, take one half part (the other is for the squares)
- put it in a pot with water and sugar and let it boiling slowly,
- mix and wait until the sugar is dissolved
- add the cranberries and cook them for about 8 minutes
- drain the cranberries
- and continue to reduce the syrup until it’s a bit dense
- mix cranberries with syrop and let cool
Preparing the Squares:
- line a square baking pan (mine is about 20cm side) with parchment paper
- melt the chocolate with the butter
- mix until is creamy and remove from heat.
- Put in a big bowl the sugar, 1/2 vanilla bean and the eggs
- mix together and whip with a whisk or a planetary,
- adding gently the melt chocolate and butter; everything until a pale, dense mixture.
- Sift flour and put it in the bowl continuing to whisk
- add slowly the pine nuts, the chopped chocolate and the dried cranberries.
- pour the mixture in the square pan and let it cook in hot oven, at 375 °F for about 30 minutes.
- You can touch the surface and if it’s a bit hard, and golden, it’s ok
- once cold, cut in squares and serve over (or seasoned) your delicous cranberries sauce