While waiting for Spring
My way to plant
In this climate of expectation, I’m really waiting for holidays and I can’t think to the amazing fried fish that we usually eat here in Tuscany, on Summer…maybe in front of the seaside a with a glass of white wine. Here’s the recipe for Frittura di Pesce (Italian for fisherman fried fish) here in Tuscany: The Tuscan Mixed Fried Fish.
I just talk about mouth watering and I’ll almost make it again, tomorrow …
|Fried Fish and Veg|
Mixed Fried Fish
Prep time: 10 minutes + 30 minutes to rest
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
- 600g small Tuscan fish (hake, red mullet, sole, anchovies …
- 200g squids
- 200g shrimps
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 0,75l.peanut oil
- 2 or 3 pinch salt
- Clean the: fish removing the entrails from larger ones and rinse under water.
- the shrimp: remove the head, the shell, the black intestine strand and rinse them.
- the squid: take out the central bone, eyes, and hard spout, take the tentacles and cut them in two parts. Rinse them
- Cut the squid into rings about 1,5 cm wide
- Put everything to drain, wrapped in a cotton cloth in a colander, for about 30 minutes
- Pour the oil in a large frying pan and put the pan on the fire
- In the meantime, put small fish in a plastic bag, add half of the flour and shake well the bag so that the fish is evenly floured.
- Pour the floured fish in the pan and fry it in the hot oil 5 minutes around; drain on a kitchen paper.
- While fish’s frying put the squid and shrimps in the plastic bag together with the rest of the flour and follow the same method as before.
- Add salt just immediately before to bring to the table…it’ll be more crispy