San Giuliano Terme is the place where I’m living for 15 years.
Those of you who came to meet me this Summer in Tuscany, know very well how much has been crazy this season: rain, rain, rain, sun, rain, rain … Well, after yesterday I have to say that the Autumn is not far behind in terms of madness: an incredibly hot, the sun was always high, the sirocco wind, mosquitoes as in July.
Usually during these days of October, we go for a walk in the main street of Pisa or Lucca and protect us from the first cold with a steaming bag of roasted chestnuts cooked on braziers tight in our hands.
But on yesterday (Sunday) this was unthinkable: the sun was really shining and the temperature was 26 °C; and yet nowaday here in San Giuliano Terme everyone still wears T-shirts and in the resorts where we hold cooking classes or private dinners, there are still those who have a dip in the pool and have a sunbath.
Usually, however, we pass the Sunday in family and the dish, the most popular one is also the most successful in our dinners, namely: the Fried Chicken Tuscan Style.
You are about to discover how to make one of the most delicious dishes you’ve never tasted! And it is also one of the most requested in CuocheinVacanza dinners at home, special events and cooking classes in Tuscany, where is the master along with seasonal vegetables (shortly a post just for them!).
In the same instant I tasted it for the first time, I had all my grandma memories in my mind: her patience in cooking, her gentleness in teaching me the tricks of the trade, and above all it’s got back in my mouth the flavor of the chicken she was preparing for me, during lazy Sundays when she, my father, my brother and me, had lunch at the same table.
|Here is Nicla, my Friend!|
Everyone knows the fried chicken, almost everyone has their own way to prepare it, but the way to fry it here in “Tuscany”, gives to this meat a so delicious taste that (I can assure you) it will be the main, if not the only, you will use from now on.
Loved by young and old, everyone wants this recipe … and here it is for my friends! Today I decided to reveal this secret so far remained within the walls of the houses of my family.
Not only the meat is tender as butter but unlike other chicken preparations, the absence of bones makes this dish appetizing as ever… and be careful, because one bite leads to another and you will not even notice.
So get ready to enjoy this delicacy and remember that to fully understand this recipe will leave only 2 recommendation: try it, try it, try it! And…spread the recipe, but with discretion 😀
|Fried Chicken Nuggets Tuscan Style|
Fried Chicken Nuggets Tuscan Style
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 5 Chicken hips
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cup peanut oil
- Remove the skin from the hips and debone the chicken aiding yourself with kitchen scissors.
- Cut the chicken in pieces as big as walnut (nugget).
- Put the chicken nuggets in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork and add the garlic clove, minced; leave to rest.
- Pour the flour over the chicken nuggets, stirring by hands to incorporate.
- When nuggets are completely wrapped, pour on them the beaten eggs and stir with a fork until they’re well wrapped from eggs too.
- Pour the peanut oil in a large pan and wait the oil is very hot.
- Drain the nuggets from the egg surplus and plounge them in the oil.
- Wait until they’re golden, turning them over.
- Cooking time is about 10 minutes.
- Drain them on a kitchen paper
- Salt just now
- Serve immediately and enjoy this amazing flavour and tenderness!