Experimenting with various ingredients that are found here in Tuscany and wanting to replace the butter with tuscan extra virgin olive oil, typical of this area, Rossy has invented many years ago this base for cakes to be stuffed.
She passed me the note with the recipe when my girls were very small and I’ve immediately tested it for their birthday. Since then it has become one of my favorite bases.
- It ‘s very quick and easy, in fact nothing need to be weighed
- the flavor is quite neutral and therefore lends itself to any type of filling
- extra virgin olive oil helps to make it even lighter
- can add to the mixture a little ‘cocoa to obtain a chocolate base
- although it is soft, although the wet, holds up well and then is also suitable for fondant coatings and the overlapping of several cakee
- you can choose to do it at the last minute because you can always find all the ingredients at home
- it’s also delicious on its own, perhaps sprinkled with icing sugar
But the filling Cream Rocher is always a security and is always definitely good and easy; but in my family are all fans for the Nutella and therefore is the most popular.
Here are some Birthday Cakes made by me and CuocheinVacanza, using the Olive Oil Sponge Cake
Leave a Reply