|Pappa col Pomodoro (Tomatoes and Bread Tuscan Soup)|
Today there’s a special fresh air…Autumn is starting and here in Italy is the first day at school!
So, let’s go with the recipe and remember that it’ll surely be a real success!
|Fresh Tuscan Tomatoes
Pappa col Pomodoro (Tomatoes and Bread Tuscan Soup)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 kgfresh and red tomatoes
- 500gtuscan bread (no salted)
- 1lstock (veg)
- 4 glovesgarlic
- 6 leavesbasil
- 50gextra virgin olive oil
- 5 handful Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 handfulsalt
- 1 pinchpepper
- Cut the bread in slices and then cut it in little cubes.
- Pour the Oil in a pot and put the bread cubes mixing and waiting they’re very hot; try to toast them a little (5 minutes) and add the pepper (or red hot one).
- Meanwhile cut the tomatoes coarsely and put them in the pot, stiring continously.
- Add the garlic and the stock few a time and wait all coming a “pappa”, that is a mush.
- At this point turn off the fire, salt, add the basil and wait 10 minutes before serving it.
- Pour in the plates and put in a spoon of Extra Virgin Oil and a generous handful of Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Pappa col Pomodoro is always good…you can eat it the day after too, just reheat it!