Chef in Villa in Tuscany, or a person who is preparing the whole meal from scratch.
Making Risotto takes time. A chef worth his salt should never be limited to heat a risotto, but it will make it from scratch, on the spot.
In fact, first courses (Pasta or Risotto) are very popular in Italy. Every day we eat pasta seasoned with a sauce. On Summer the sauce is often a fresh one, made with fresh and seasonal ingredients.
To make this easy but delicious Risotto, for example, there are 3 options (the first 2 in Tuscany, calling a chef in Villa):
1. Just watching chef Erika preparing your Dinner from scratch.
2. Taking a Cooking Class and preparing all your favorite Italian-Tuscan dishes.
3. At your home: save and print the below recipe and be ready to taste something really delicate and tasteful at the same time.
Are you going to call someone to cook at your villa in Tuscany?
Please be sure there is nothing already cooked-prepared.
In fact, some customers from New York told me they found in the garbage the receipts of ready-to-eat food bought at the rotisserie 😱
Yes I know, it’s a shame, but unfortunately, it happens.
However, the right way to avoid this is to call a Chef who prepares the whole meal from scratch, on the spot.
Well, with us, Cuoche in Vacanza (Italian for Chef for your Vacation), you can watch Chef Erika making fresh pasta and cooking or running a cooking class for you, your family and friends.
So, do you have any questions about calling a private chef in villa in Tuscany, or a cooking class? Read this article with the top 10 questions and answers about.
Otherwise contact Chef Erika directly HERE.
IMPORTANT tips for an Amazing Risotto lime and Salmon:
- Toast the rice, what’s the meaning of?
This is important advice that I often teach in my cooking classes in Tuscany: toasting means not to use fats!
Then pour your rice in a pan with high sides, stir with a spoon (preferably wooden) and wait that it “sings”. That is: it will become transparent, translucent. Once you obtained this, pour the rice apart (in a small bowl or a plate) and then proceed with butter, onion etc.
- You can use both fresh and smoked salmon.
The first is more delicate, the second is tastier.
If you use smoked salmon, do not forget to keep some small pieces aside to pour them over the finished dish. In this way (see photo) it will remain a beautiful bright pink color.
- 2 cups (360gr) Rice Carnaroli
- 6 oz (170 gr) Salmon Fillet
- 1 lt Veggie Stock
- ½ glass White dry wine
- ½ stick (50gr) Butter
- 4 tbsp juice Lime
- 4 grated zests Lime
- To taste Pink peppercorn
- Prepare the veggie broth
- Toast the rice in a pan, stirring until translucent
- Add the white wine and the tablespoons of lime juice
- Once evaporated pour in some broth to cover the rice (medium fire)
- Dice the salmon while continue cooking the risotto gradually adding the boiling broth
- When the rice is ready, turn off the heat
- add the diced salmon and peppercorns (if you prefer you can chop them), then stir in the remaining cold butter and complete with grated lime peel
- Decorate the plate with some zest of lime and raw salmon strips