This kind of “spezzatino di maiale” (pork stew) is very tender and its meat, unlike the beef one doesn’t feet between teeth; that’s why it’s very loved by children too.
700 grams pork nibbles
100 grams of red or white wine
300 g frozen peas (or 3 medium potatoes roughly chopped)
20 g butter
5 g of oil EVO
350 gr of meat or vegetables stock
tomato concentrate q.b.
- Chop the onion and add butter and oil in a large casserole
- Fry for 3 minutes softening the onion.
- Flour the the meat bites and join in the sauce;
- cook about 10m minutes till they’re golden.
- Pour the red wine and cook 5 minutes.
- At this point add the stock and the tomato concentrate, and cook medium fire for 20 minutes.
- Join the peas (or the potatoes) and continue cooking for about half an hour.
- You know I like adding salt at the end; at this pount, in fact, you’ve no more water, and you’re sure you don’t overdo it, so…taste and personalize the flavour as you prefer.