What about an original Italian Pizza directly at your home for dinner?
I’d like to start today a new section: Grandma’s secrets and tips.
Everyone knows the important role that my Granny run in my life and my wish to pass down her tips during our cooking classes too…so why don’t write her secrets?
In addiction to this, my mum made me a beautiful gift; an italian book with all the important tips we must know when cooking.
I know we live in a fast world and traditions and customs are disappearing, but I always meet people (in cooking classes and in private dinners as well) who want to know more about italian food and the way to prepare it and they’re always interested in authentic experiences.
That’s why I wish to share with you these secrets and tips, not only because we face “kitchen” and food everyday, but to share and pass down some authentic folk wisdom.
TIPS for PIZZA, BREAD, FOCACCIA
- More time you let that Pizza dough rises, better is. Anyway, to check if it’s at the right point: put a small ball of dough in a glass with cold water, if it resurfaces, the dough is ready to be stretched, stuffed and baked.
- You should pull the Pizza dough on the pastry board and not directly over the baking tray. Because of a gluten reaction, in fact it tends to shrink during the cooking.
- Pizza dough inevitably shrinks a bit when transferred on the baking tray; but if you grease the baking tray with butter instead oil, you’ll avoid that it shrinks already before the cooking.
- While kneading the dough of a pizza (or Focaccia), don’t use just the water. If you want it more digestible, add an infusion made with rosemary or oregano.
- You’re going to read a very precious secret from my Granny. I can assure you that if you follow it you’ll obtain the most delicious bread, focaccia and pizza as well. When my Grandma moved into a new home she hadn’t a wood-fired oven, but just an electric one; she strove a lot and made many tests to have the same amazing pizza she made with the wood-fired oven. At the end she arrived in what is a very good solution that’ll give you a real success and an authentic flavor to your pizza &Co: buy a rectangular piece of marble (the black one is the best); it has to be 2cm high at least and big enough to stay in the baking tray of your oven. Heat the electric oven to maximum waiting that the marble be very hot; you can cook your pizza or bread directly over this surface and you‘ll obtain a flavor very very similar to the real Italian pizza made by a wood-fired oven.
- Are you interested in “The Perfect Pizza” Recipe? Want to know all the right steps to obtain it? CLICK HERE and you’ll read a very very interesting post.
Is there some new trick that you know for making pizza?
Please leave a comment, I’ll answer you asap!