|Borettane Onions Tuscan style|
- 1 kgborettane onions (golden onions, 5cm diameter maximum)
- 1/2 glassmarsala wine
- 1 glasswhite dry wine
- 1 glasswater
- 3 spoonsbrown sugar Mascobado
- just to cover the pan bottom,extra virgin olive oil
- 2 or 3 pinchessalt
- 2 tspall purpose flour
- Clean borettane onions.
- Pour the olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add following the order: the onions, marsala wine, white wine, water, salt, and, at the end, mascobado sugar.
- Mix everything together and wait it takes to boil.
- At this point, lower the heat, cover and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour by a sieve, mix and cook about 5 minutes on high heat, uncovered.
- Adjust salt if necessary.
- Wait until all the liquid is absorbed and you got like a light, shiny cream.